Cleaning can be fun for the whole family with these fun tips for getting kids involved.
With schools across the UK still closed, you may have a few extra hands around the house to entertain. Put those little hands to good use by enlisting their help in some home cleaning tasks. Think it can’t be done? Think again. There are lots of great ways to make house cleaning fun for childrens of all ages. Here are five fantastic ways to get your kids to help with the domestic cleaning.
- Make it a party. Cleaning can be a bit dull. But you can up the fun factor by cranking up the tunes and encouraging your kids to dance and dust their way throughout the house. And just this once, let them pick the music. You may have to endure an afternoon of Dua Lipa, but if it means your house gets cleaned, it may be worth it.
- Play to their strengths. If you son or daughter is an obsessive organiser. They may actually love it when you ask them to do things like clean out the crayon drawer or straighten the books on the book shelf. Other children may love the tasks with a high sparkle factor, like cleaning shower screens or wiping down worktops. By assigning tasks that you know they already like, it’s win-win for everyone.
- Think teamwork. Most kids hate to work alone. So if you banish them to their rooms and expect them to get down to cleaning, it’s likely to end badly. Speed through the house from room to room and stick together as a team, breaking down the tasks and sharing them out so that everything gets done and everyone can stay together. Remember we are all in this together.
- Make a List. Tired of spending the day nagging your kids to do one task after another? Make a list of the home cleaning tasks you expect them to accomplish. And give them a time frame too, say — by tea time, or before they go out for exercise. If they can see it all written down on paper, they will know just what’s expected of them and will be that much more likely to wizz through the cleaning and get it done.
- Reward time. Large or small, make sure there is some kind of incentive for the kids to enjoy at the end of the day. It could be a serving of sweets or some extra time on the computer, whatever motivates them get the job done. And be sure to enjoy your own reward too for motivating the troops to help. Its 5 O’clock somewhere!!!
About Haus Maids – Domestic Cleaners
Haus maids is a professional home cleaning company with cleaners in Farnham, cleaners in Alton, cleaners in Winchester, cleaners in Bishops’ Stortford, cleaners in Guildford, cleaners in Godalming, cleaners in Cheltenham, cleaners Sutton Coldfield and cleaners in Milton Keynes, established in 2012.
We deliver our professional home cleaner services to hundreds of clients every single week. Allow Haus maids to clean your home ensuring that nothing is overlooked, domestic cleaning is carried out by our professionally trained home cleaners, they are background checked, employed and fully insured cleaners.
And with our 100% satisfaction guarantee we can assure you of a great experience every time we clean your home. If you are looking for a reliable domestic cleaning company that will meet your needs contact your local office today to arrange a free in-home estimate.