Different houses come with different challenges. We have put together a list that can keep your house fresh in any situation and help you get rid in no time of any bad odors.
- Oats odor absorber – even a very clean fridge can still catch a certain smell depending on the food stored in it. A small bowl of raw oats will naturally absorb any odor leaving the fridge smelling fresh and normal.
- Coffee beans in the wax burner – If you are a fan of fresh coffee smell in the morning this could be the right choice for you. By placing whole coffee beans in the wax burner the scent of coffee will linger around for hours.
- Coffee beans & vanilla candles – Another use for whole coffee beans is placing them in a bowl with a vanilla candle in the middle. The warmth of the candle will heat up the coffee beans and make your house smell like french vanilla coffee.
- Make the space green – If you are searching for a natural way to improve the freshness of your house, plants not only purify the air, but some house plants can also have very pleasant fragrances in certain seasons. English Ivy (gentle and shimmering fragrance) and Chinese Evergreen are only 2 examples of plants that can bring a fresh scent to your house.
- Bin dryer sheet – One useful trick that can be used for the bad odor that is usually associated with our trash bins is to place one or two Bounce Fabric Softener Dryer Sheet at the bottom of your bin to keep the smell from spreading.
- Cinnamon sticks – Place a few sticks in different rooms in your house and the spicy aroma will spread and give a pleasant smell to your home.
- Downy beads – not only do they give a fresh smell to your clothes for longer, they can also be used as a freshener in your house! You can place them in a small bowl in each room or if you have any dry/artificial flowers, you can place the beads at the bottom of the vase. They come in different colours and fragrances and have a long lingering smell so you can try a few options before settling for your favourite.
- Scented trash bags – they come in a wide variety of fragrances from lavender, liliac to lemon, vanilla and apple and they can simply be ordered online, so the bin odor is not going to be a problem ever again.
- Sprinkle baking soda before vacuuming – The night before vacuuming, mix baking soda with a few drops of essential oil in a bowl then spread it on your carpets and leave it overnight. After hovering, instead of having the heavy odor of the vacuum cleaner lingering around, your chosen essential oil will cover it and leave the room smelling fresh.
- Refresh your shoes – After wearing them constantly for a long time, depending on the material, our shoes can start to have a certain odor. Freshen them up by leaving dry shampoo overnight in them in order to soak up any type of smell.
The biggest step though, towards an amazing smelling house, will always remain the deep clean of each room, making sure nothing is overlooked. Here, at Haus Maids, we offer a wide range of domestic cleaning services and our offices based in Farnham, Alton, Guildford, Godalming, Sawbridgeworth, Winchester, Bishop’s Stortford, Cheltenham, Sutton Coldfield and Milton Keynes offer free-in home estimates from our trained professionals.